Follow nighttimebros on Twitter Follow us for news, opinions and tips.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Losers Weepers, Finders Keepers design and art markets

by Alvin






Something new for the pinch and the punch, first day of the month.

Yesterday afternoon I made sure I had my Sunday free so I could check out the Finders Keepers design and art markets at The Old Museum in Herston. I didn't know what to expect really, initially thinking it was like The Young Designers Market but instead was something I really enjoyed and appreciated; being my first time.

Of course it would've made my day if I actually had any money to blow at this great event, (it won't cost you an arm and a leg - but that's how broke I am ladies and gents) but I digress: If hand-made, eco-friendly, one-of-a-kind, kitschy, earthy, from the heart - etc, knick knacks and trends are your thing; from buttons, badges, magazines, diaries, books, dresses and shirts, hats, jewellery, art, stationery and all things that can fit in a paper bag - then you'll find something of value here and another interesting day out with friends.






I know I'm not doing it justice in my explanation, but my brain's a bit pre-occupado with grown up thinkies and concerns at the moment... I digress; again!

The non-commercial feeling I got from walking into that old hunk of brick housing this artsy grand, garage sale of sorts really sold me too, everything felt natural, earthy, cosy and an alternative side to what markets are to me. A chance for artists of all sorts to display their hard worked, earned or fashioned wares for a lucky individual to purchase.






And with some simple grub and liquid to chase it down on offer, coupled with the blasting tunes of live music I've never heard before to soothe you out on the lawn; a rest break away from the endless walking to and fro past the same stalls over and over again, hoping to not have missed one inch of detail or to take a final swoop to make sure that glass pendant is worth not having (trust me - that's what it'll make you do - there's just so much to see and delight at in one stall let me tell you)...

I really wished I had brought more than $10 and a debt with me.





...........

And now a word from the bros:

We're building an awesome video game app, so we need cash bad! Please help this nutso project of ours come to life by making a small PayPal donation. With your donation, you'll be able to help us hire developers and put a bright new game into phones and tablets worldwide.



No comments:

Post a Comment