Follow nighttimebros on Twitter Follow us for news, opinions and tips.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

My new Architect career path

by Alvin


The 2nd major thing:

I've decided to go back to study again... On my last year of high school, I was at a crossroads on which career path I wanted to take, get lost in, and throw breadcrumbs on to find my way home.

I was originally set on taking up architecture, because I enjoyed Graphics and my Dad was versed in it (one of his many building design talents); it seemed like a very likely and enjoyable few years of tertiary education. But one day, my art teacher surprisingly presented me with an option in class, "Have you thought about doing a Bachelor in Animation?" (I paraphrase).
Of course, the little kid in me jumped at the notion. It had never entered my mind, and I had never thought a course like that existed. But sure enough, right then and there she presented me with a booklet about the course, and I made my decision without any research; c'mon, I was only 16.

TIME SKIP

Now, after some unfortunate luck with job hunting last year. I made the choice to enrol myself in a Diploma of Building Design at Tafe, having lightly discussed it and been encouraged by my friends.

The best decision ever; I love it! Drawing and designing is in my blood, and I've found the course to be 2 parts enough creativity & artistic freedoms, with adequate amounts of practical learning & theory. So I'm never bored or seemingly way out in left field to what I'm accustomed to and gifted in.

To date, I've finished a semester of work already. Examples of which (below) I'm most proud of: elevations of a holiday cabin I designed, ace'ing my Small Residential Design & Presentation units.






I call it La Vista, as its main design element was to take advantage of the sloping, park view at the site. As well as incorporate the Mexican heritage and adopted culture of the couple the cabin was designed for.



...........

And now a word from the bros:

We're building an awesome video game app, so we need cash bad! Please help this nutso project of ours come to life by making a small PayPal donation. With your donation, you'll be able to help us hire developers and put a bright new game into phones and tablets worldwide.



No comments:

Post a Comment