Follow nighttimebros on Twitter Follow us for news, opinions and tips.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Gawad Kalinga GKharacter art

by Alvin


I only started last year, but I've been believing in it for years now, though being actively involved involved is still a young pup of a dedication that I haven't taken up the mantle of, but I know I'll grow into & worthy of it soon enough.


GK or its less abbreviated identity: Gawad Kalinga is a nation building, poverty fighting movement of patriots, humanitarians & shelter and value imbuing revolutionaries that have started to grace the world helping the poor.  Originating and spreading through most of all of The Philippines, its moving presence has started to change lives in Papua New Guinea, Cambodia & in a growing number of other developing countries.

So I started last year being an artist they can call; specifically the Youth partition in Sydney Oz - designing a bunch of mascot characters that represented the 7 areas of volunteering, & doing up ongoing poster art for their events & other things.

















Everybody needs to believe in something & when the time comes: support something important that will leave a helping mark on the world.  I know I'm just a little pixel of a starving artist in the great .jpg of things.  But one day, I hope what I can become will find its way doing and giving more for the sake of those who need it.

My views about life are rife with cynicism and caution due to the effects of growing up, but as finite creatures with finite givings.  I think we can can do more to benefit more, despite our own doubts; when we focus on where our time, treasure & talent will be most appreciated, most sought, most useful & most rewarding; quantity is not the prize, but how the minority can be greatly affected for many years in the fast forwarded future.




















If your interested at all in GK or anything that inspires a great woman or man out of you.  It takes a simple "Google" to know more & a few mouse clicks to begin.

Bro out!



.

...........

And now a word from the bros:

We're building an awesome video game app, so we need cash bad! Please help this nutso project of ours come to life by making a small PayPal donation. With your donation, you'll be able to help us hire developers and put a bright new game into phones and tablets worldwide.



No comments:

Post a Comment