Follow nighttimebros on Twitter Follow us for news, opinions and tips.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cool rings to rule them all

by Alvin



I love rings.

If there's one piece of unisex jewellery that subtly makes an impression, conveniently unites, labels, represents & gently expresses a person's character it's the ring.

After playing Final Fantasy VIII back in my high school days, Squall Leonhart became my favorite character ever - & as such I adopted his Griever ring as one of my own personal symbols; wearing a rough, stylised version I had made to this present day (one day when the financials permit, I'll get a perfect, worthy representation created).

So in my travels through the World Wide Web, here are some very cool, interesting, geeky, unusual, uniquely character imbuing "finger decorations" that I think are worth a showcase.

wear them wisely & at your own peril.


Black Lantern Corp sterling Power Ring


For those who came in late, Green Lantern isn't the only colour coordinated, ring bearing, cosmic superhero out there - there are 8 coloured lantern corps, one being the Black Lanterns who are all about death & whose rings are basically worn by revenants.

Why this ring? I hear you say... well the dark side in me likes a sexy black that can bring this ominous feeling of respect. If you're interested in wielding this puppy, All Need Fulthings Store has 'em on offer for the right US dollar.


Small Turntable sterling ring


You might have heard of Dark Cloud and then again you might've not. Out of all the pieces I've seen this almost came a close second, but won out because there was something "all-together" about it. Suited for the muso, the disk jockey, the gangsta & vinyl scratcher; just about anyone with an appreciation & practice for the music, would find this ring says it all.


Master Chief sterling ring




For the hardcore Halo fan & general Gamer enthusiast, imagine an elite class of club exclusively open to a prestigious few. Each member a renowned fragger sealing their membership by wearing a unique Master Chief Mark VI Spartan helmet of a ring, maybe leaving a gold version to the #1 and founder of the society.

How does that sound? It speaks for itself... If you want to make this a reality, Weta can help.


iRing


These are probably still conceptual, I'm not totally sure but I'd imagine these will kick-ass as one of the most sought after accessories ever.

Stylish, sleek, sexy! whist functional as a wearable remote for your iPod & iPhone; controlling your playlists via wireless Bluetooth all by sliding and tapping the face of the ring. Full explanation and instructions for its operatibility is available online, but once again I now wish I had an iPod (yes I know... shame on me, I'm one of the few that don't own one. I have my reasons, but rest assured when these come out - I'll follow suit with a sexy iTouch).


Steampunk bold, grunged, beaten parts ring


There's something nostalgic, something rustic, something vintage & "something" about a piece of metal that looks like garbage or out of this century.

It's not for everyone, but that's where its charm will be. Art that can be worn, for those with a steampunk reverence or those whose trades harken to the symbolisation a ring like this has.

Etsy has a lot of different types if you just generally search "steampunk rings".






...........

And now a word from the bros:

We're building an awesome video game app, so we need cash bad! Please help this nutso project of ours come to life by making a small PayPal donation. With your donation, you'll be able to help us hire developers and put a bright new game into phones and tablets worldwide.



3 comments:

  1. Greetings, I'm Hafiz from kota kinabalu malaysia. i looked up at your blog here and im interested to buy one of your rings. But one thing i wanna ask is that do u deliver? thx bro, Cheers Mate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hafiz,
    thanks for stalking our blog.

    I don't actually sell any of the rings i've shown in this post. the post was just to illustrate a collection of rings I found on the internet that were interesting.

    But, if you read carefully in the text under each ring graphic - i've supplied a LINK to an online store or website where you can inquire about where and how to purchase the said ring:

    e.g. the halo, spartan helmet ring has a link to the WETA merchandise website where you can buy the ring online, etc.

    I hope that helps and that you succeed in obtaining your lil piece of treasure.

    keep on checking us Night Time Brothers often - we tend to find a bunch of great stuff lurking online that you'll love like we did.

    Adieu

    ReplyDelete