Follow nighttimebros on Twitter Follow us for news, opinions and tips.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Why the world needs more Charles Bukowski

By David



There’s no doubt that Charles Bukowski is one of my favourite writers.





It’s hard for me to pick up a book and instantly be immersed in it. Every book I’ve been browsing through lately has felt like high brow, melodramatic nonsense. What gets me off are stories that are raw.

Bukowski wrote for the underdogs, the losers, the unwanted. He brings out what everyone else is fond of hiding. Sometimes he appalls me. Sometimes he disturbs me. Sometimes he’d make me laugh once again. Sometimes he’d simply be there, and I’d be feeling whatever it is I’m feeling and then life would continue.

If you were ever in the mood to sample any of his works, I recommend starting with Ham on Rye.

I’ll finish off by posting a video of Bukowski kicking his soon to be fiancé.

Good night.







.

...........

And now a word from the bros:

We're building an awesome video game app, so we need cash bad! Please help this nutso project of ours come to life by making a small PayPal donation. With your donation, you'll be able to help us hire developers and put a bright new game into phones and tablets worldwide.



No comments:

Post a Comment