Follow nighttimebros on Twitter Follow us for news, opinions and tips.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

For Keepsake

by Alvin





     About less than two years ago, I took a film elective @ university; feeding my/one/too many of my dreams of being a film director.
     Now, I didn't actually get a chance to direct anything, an opportunity I didn't have the experience or competency to flawlessly execute, which I soon realised during the production process.  But I did grow to enjoy and love screenplay writing - I LOVE STORIES, and telling them has always been a passion of mine, regardless of the medium.
     So I wrote a ten page, short film script about:
     a widow visited by the ghost of her late husband, who had begun to make his ethereal presence known on their anniversary; determined to finish one piece of "business" before finally moving on.
     The story wasn't a horror in nature, but was more of a supernatural, romantic movie with - as one fan put it - the narrative feeling of an anime.
     I was stoked that the group I was shotgunned with loved it enough to choose it as our project, and lo and behold: within 4 or so months, we had projected from paper - my story - onto the amateur silver screen.
     As I didn't direct, I still was fortunate enough to have some say/suggestions on some shots and elements of the look, etc.  And was very happy with the result.
     I've written another romance script since then, inspired after seeing my story capture enough worth to make a hassle of producing.  So maybe one day, I'll send it in to be funded... but for now, enjoy this blast from the past:


For Keepsake




...........

And now a word from the bros:

We're building an awesome video game app, so we need cash bad! Please help this nutso project of ours come to life by making a small PayPal donation. With your donation, you'll be able to help us hire developers and put a bright new game into phones and tablets worldwide.



No comments:

Post a Comment