Follow nighttimebros on Twitter Follow us for news, opinions and tips.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Kitchen design for disabled clients

by Alvin


Posed like a lying adonis on the sofa that is my pedestal, garbed in the 'nakedness alternative' of my tracky daks and 90's tee (actual accuracy is debatable). I figured - as my mind raced between hawt girlies and even hotter winter coats features in catalogues in my mind - I'd share the lastest designs I've been working on for class since my friend filled, vacation in Queenstown NZ.

and don't worry: I'm not masking a post about my holiday under the guise of a design showcase. But truly, if you live in this hemisphere of the world, then you must ski, eat, drink, stay, board, marvel, view, skydive, tour, raft, boat, cruise, marvel, find peace, do what you want, in Queenstown sometime in your life - it's my new fave place.

but I digress...

the assignment decree was asking us renaissance peons to come up with a befitting kitchen design for a fictional, disabled client (ie wheelchair considered).



I didn't have any specific influences, but was fortunate enough to knock off the design in less than a day; a week behind from the rest of the class - and pretty much finish it in a "last minute" sort of perspective.



All in all, I'm very happy with how it turned out. Of course, "room" designs don't usually bring much excitement or creative daring'ness in me than character or architectural designing. But I haven't broken out in a torturous pang of anxiety in my gut and the gut in my mind yet, so what I've regurgitated on paper must've been good enough for the eyes to eat.





...........

And now a word from the bros:

We're building an awesome video game app, so we need cash bad! Please help this nutso project of ours come to life by making a small PayPal donation. With your donation, you'll be able to help us hire developers and put a bright new game into phones and tablets worldwide.



No comments:

Post a Comment